Video: Machine Learning Forecasts Oil Rate in Mature Onshore Field Jointly Driven by Water and Steam Injection
- Leonardo Kubota (Petrobras) | Danilo Reinert (Petrobras)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- 2019. Copyright is retained by the author. This presentation is distributed by SPE with the permission of the author. Contact the author for permission to use material from this video.
- PRODUCTION FORECAST, LINEAR REGRESSION, MACHINE LEARNING, RECURRENT NEURAL NETWORK
- 0 in the last 30 days
- 1 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 7.00|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 12.00|
In this paper, we tackle an old problem – production forecast - using techniques that are relatively new to the reservoir engineer toolbox. The problem at hand consists of forecasting oil production in a mature onshore field simultaneously driven by water and steam injection. However, instead of turning to traditional methods, we deploy machine-learning algorithms which will feed on a plethora of historical data to extract hidden patterns and underlying relationships with a view to forecasting oil rate. No geological model and/or numerical reservoir simulators will be needed, only 3 sets of time-series: injection history, production history and number of producers. Two Machine-Learning algorithms are used: linear-regression and recurrent neural networks.