Video: Maximizing Organizational Effectiveness by Creating a Culture of Alignment
- Hon Chung Lau (National University of Singapore) | Michael Pang (Six Sigma Mind Consulting)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- 2019. Copyright is retained by the author. This presentation is distributed by SPE with the permission of the author. Contact the author for permission to use material from this video.
- organizational alignment, Organizational effectiveness, alignment, culture
- 0 in the last 30 days
- 0 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 7.00|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 12.00|
Oftentimes an organizational transformation fails not because of external reasons but internal resistance. A step often neglected by senior management in organization transformation is aligning the transformation process with the corporate culture. When a transformation works against established corporate culture, it will be rejected by the organization and will eventually fail despite the best efforts by senior management. However, if an organization transformation is closely aligned with the corporate culture, its chance of success is greatly enhanced. In this paper, we propose a step-by-step procedure to align an organization transformation process with the four layers of corporate culture. This can be pictorially illustrated by the Corporate Cultural Onion Model and the Simple Lever Model of Organizational Alignment.