Video: Eliminating Guesswork in Downhole Diagnostics with Definitive Answers from Downhole X-ray Technology
- Saad Hamid (Saudi Aramco) | Abdulrahman A. Almulhim (Saudi Aramco) | Radu Achihai (Visuray) | Melissa Spannuth (Visuray)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- 2019. Copyright is retained by the author. This presentation is distributed by SPE with the permission of the author. Contact the author for permission to use material from this video.
- Downhole X-Ray, Imaging technology, diagnostic analysis, wellbore remediation, Well intervention
- 0 in the last 30 days
- 1 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 5.00|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 12.00|
When a restriction or non-conformity presents itself in a well, quickly and reliably diagnosing the nature of the anomaly can save diagnostic runs and help prevent similar cases elsewhere, reducing nonproductive time and operating costs. Downhole X-ray diagnostics provide this understanding quickly and reliably under diverse well conditions that limit the effectiveness of other downhole diagnostic techniques. X-ray diagnostics produce real-time, quantitative two-dimensional images and three-dimensional reconstructions of downhole objects and obstructions with high precision. We demonstrate this with a case study in which X-ray diagnostics accurately identified and quantitatively characterized an obstruction due to liner deformation.