Video: Proposal and Experimental Trials on an Autonomous Robot for Rigless Well Intervention
- Hugo Santos (Petrobras) | Paulo Paz (Petrobras) | Igor Kretli (Petrobras) | Ney Reis (Petrobras) | Hardy Pinto (Petrobras) | Maurício Galassi (Petrobras) | Daniel Pozzani (Petrobras) | Alessandro Lanzilotta (Petrobras) | Bruno Castro (Petrobras) | André Ferreira (Petrobras) | Lincoln Thomé (Petrobras) | Valter Beal (Senai CIMATEC)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- 2018. Copyright is retained by the author. This presentation is distributed by SPE with the permission of the author. Contact the author for permission to use material from this video.
- 3 Production and Well Operations, 3 Production and Well Operations, 3.5 Well Intervention
- rigless, robot, autonomous, well, workover
- 0 in the last 30 days
- 0 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 5.00|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 10.00|
This paper proposes the development of an autonomous robot for rigless well interventions in order to reduce costs by avoiding the need of a rig to do so, especially for light workover operations in offshore locations. It also presents experimental tests performed in a laboratory string and in a test well in order to evaluate the feasibility of this technology.