Video: A Conceptual Structure to Evaluate Wells Producing Fractured Rocks of the Permian Basin
- Rajagopal Raghavan (R. Raghavan, Inc.) | Chih-Cheng Chen (Kappa Engineering)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- 2018. Copyright is retained by the author. This presentation is distributed by SPE with the permission of the author. Contact the author for permission to use material from this video.
- 1.6 Drilling Operations, 1.6.6 Directional Drilling
- Fractured rock, Power-law decline, Anomalous diffusion, Rate decline, Pressure behavior
- 0 in the last 30 days
- 4 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 5.00|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 10.00|
Pressure- and rate-time data at wells producing the Wolfcamp shale are evaluated by a model based on a framework using subdiffusive concepts. Quantitative measures to estimate heterogeneities in the fracture- and matrix-systems are provided. Multiple transfer mechanisms and complex structures govern the dynamic performance of the reservoir. Long-term depletion is governed by the matrix system; our evaluations indicate that excellent coverage is obtained in draining the lateral extents of the reservoir rock. As a physics-based model is used to evaluate responses, the suggested procedures are both extendable and scalable.