Contained Injection Pattern and High Pumping Rates Solve Permeability Problems in a North Texas Caddo Conglomerate Water Flood
- C.R. Swan (Ambassador Oil Corp.) | E.A. Riley (Ambassador Oil Corp.)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Journal of Petroleum Technology
- Publication Date
- October 1962
- Document Type
- Journal Paper
- 1,104 - 1,108
- 1962. Original copyright American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers, Inc. Copyright has expired.
- 5.4.1 Waterflooding, 1.2.3 Rock properties, 2.4.3 Sand/Solids Control, 7.4.5 Future of energy/oil and gas, 1.14 Casing and Cementing, 3 Production and Well Operations, 6.5.2 Water use, produced water discharge and disposal, 2.2.2 Perforating, 4.1.5 Processing Equipment, 1.6 Drilling Operations, 3.2.3 Hydraulic Fracturing Design, Implementation and Optimisation, 4.1.2 Separation and Treating
- 3 in the last 30 days
- 238 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
To effect any successful waterflood operation, it is essential to first recognize the problems to be confronted and then to properly apply basic techniques to solve them. In the case of the Rusmag field the major problem was the highly varying permeability profile native to the Caddo conglomerate reservoir. The operator has apparently controlled this problem, as evidenced by 2.5 years of successful performance under waterflood operations.
Although there currently are four separate flood efforts being conducted in the Rusmag field, this paper is concerned chiefly with presenting a case history of the Rusmag Unit waterflood. The Unit contains the major portion of the reservoir, and 2,500 of the approximately 4,000 acres in it currently under flood, with the remaining acreage scheduled for development in 1962.
Unit oil production is near 2,000 B/D, with water-injection rates averaging 400 B/D at pressures ranging from 0 to 550 psi. Cumulative waterflood oil recovery to Jan. 1, 1962, has been 573,765 bbl, with an ultimate recovery of 2 million bbl of oil possible.
|File Size||855 KB||Number of Pages||5|