Field Application of Chelatants in the Handling of ASP-Flooding Produced Fluid
- Jiecheng Cheng (PetroChina Daqing Oilfield Limited Company) | Di Wu (PetroChina Daqing Oilfield Engineering Company, Limited) | Wenjie Liu (PetroChina Daqing Oilfield Engineering Company, Limited) | Xiangchun Meng (PetroChina Daqing Oilfield Engineering Company, Limited) | Fuxiang Sun (PetroChina Daqing Oilfield Engineering Company, Limited) | Fengling Zhao (PetroChina Daqing Oilfield Engineering Company, Limited) | Qiushi Zhao (PetroChina Daqing Oilfield Engineering Company, Limited) | Neng Jiang (PetroChina Daqing Oilfield Engineering Company, Limited)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- SPE Projects, Facilities & Construction
- Publication Date
- September 2011
- Document Type
- Journal Paper
- 115 - 123
- 2011. Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 2.5.2 Fracturing Materials (Fluids, Proppant), 4.1.5 Processing Equipment, 4.1.2 Separation and Treating, 5.4.7 Chemical Flooding Methods (e.g., Polymer, Solvent, Nitrogen, Immiscible CO2, Surfactant, Vapex), 4.3.4 Scale, 3.4.1 Inhibition and Remediation of Hydrates, Scale, Paraffin / Wax and Asphaltene
- scale, chelatant, suspended solid, produced water, ASP flooding
- 0 in the last 30 days
- 543 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 5.00|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 35.00|
Suspended-solid (SS) particles in the produced water of the X2M alkaline/surfactant/polymer (ASP) flooding project were separated by membrane filtration and identified to consist mainly of alkali-earth-metal carbonates and silica precipitates. A compound formulation of chelatants was developed to stabilize the water phase of ASP-flooding produced fluid and prevent or reduce precipitation of both alkali-earth-metal carbonates and silica. The compound chelatant was put into a limited field trial in the surface production system of the X2M ASP-flooding project to evaluate its effects on the quality of treated produced water. The average SS content of treated ASP-flooding produced water was decreased to below the 20-ppm SS specification limit for reinjection by a dosage of chelatant at 480 ppm or higher. Scale-removal performance of the compound chelatant was also observed during the field trial.
|File Size||1 MB||Number of Pages||9|
API RP 45, Analysis of Oilfield Waters, third edition.1998. Washington, DC: API.
Chang, H.L., Zhang, Z.Q., Wang, Q.M., Xu, Z.S., Guo, Z.D., Sun,H.Q., Cao, X.L., and Qiao, Q. 2006. Advances in Polymer Flooding andAlkaline/Surfactant/Polymer Processes as Developed and Applied in the People'sRepublic of China. J Pet Technol 58 (2): 84-89.SPE-89175-MS. http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/89175-MS.
Deng, S., Bai, R., Chen, J.P., Yu, G., Jiang, Z., and Zhou, F. 2002. Effectsof alkaline/surfactant/polymer on stability of oil droplets in produced waterfrom ASP flooding. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and EngineeringAspects 211 (2-3): 275-284. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0927-7757(02)00281-9.
Deng, S., Yu, G., Jiang, Z., Zhang, R., and Ting, Y.P. 2004. Destabilizationof oil droplets in produced water from ASP flooding. Colloids and SurfacesA: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects 252 (2-3): 113-119.http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfa.2004.09.033.
ISO 2271:1989, Surface activeagents--Detergents--Determination of anionic-active matter by manual ormechanical direct two-phase titration procedure. 1989. Geneva, Switzerland:ISO.
Jia, Q., Zhou, B., Zhang, R., and Chen, Z. 2002. Developmentand Application of a Silicate Scale Inhibitor for ASP Flooding ProductionScale. Paper SPE 74675 presented at the International Symposium on OilfieldScale, Aberdeen, 30-31 January. http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/74675-MS.
Li, J., Li, T., Yan, J., Zuo, X., Zheng, Y., and Yang, F. 2009.Silicon Containing Scale Forming Characteristics and How Scaling Impacts SuckerRod Pump in ASP Flooding. Paper SPE 122966 presented at the Asia Pacific Oiland Gas Conference & Exhibition, Jakarta, 4-6 August. http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/122966-MS.
Lu, J.H. and Wu, L. 2001. Spectrophotometric Determination ofPolyacrylamide in Waters Containing Dissolved Organic Matter. J. Agric. FoodChem. 49 (9): 4177-4182. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jf010430o.
Manrique, E.J., Muci, V.E., and Gurfinkel, M.E. 2007. EOR FieldExperiences in Carbonate Reservoirs in the United States. SPE Res Eval &Eng 10 (6): 667-686. SPE-100063-PA. http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/100063-PA.
Sheikholeslami, R. and Tan, S. 1999. Effects of water quality on silicafouling of desalination plants. Desalination 126 (1-3):267-280. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0011-9164(99)00182-4.