SNL Application for Production Logging in Hard-to-Recover Gas Reserves Wells
- Andrey Zhurilin (OJSC Severneftegazprom) | Vladimir Dmitruk (OJSC Severneftegazprom) | Eugenia Mironova (OJSC Severneftegazprom) | Roza Minakhmetova (TGT Oilfield Services) | Irina Aslanyan (TGT Oilfield Services) | Vener Nagimov (TGT Oilfield Services) | Ilnur Shigapov (TGT Oilfield Services) | Arthur Aslanyan (Nafta College LLC)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- SPE Russian Petroleum Technology Conference, 15-17 October, Moscow, Russia
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2018. Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 2.4 Hydraulic Fracturing, 3.3.1 Production Logging, 5.6 Formation Evaluation & Management, 5 Reservoir Desciption & Dynamics, 2.2 Installation and Completion Operations, 5.6.3 Pressure Transient Testing, 2.1.3 Completion Equipment, 3 Production and Well Operations, 3 Production and Well Operations, 2.2.2 Perforating, 3.3 Well & Reservoir Surveillance and Monitoring, 2 Well completion
- 2 in the last 30 days
- 32 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 8.50|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 25.00|
Determination of Unit T1-2 (Turonian) flow characteristics in Yuzhno-Russky oil and gas condensate field is a priority area in the development process monitoring. This paper is focused on the informative value of downhole logging surveys conducted for assessment of the reservoir and wellbore flow geometry in the well after hydraulic fracturing. A more detailed consideration of this matter has become possible due to the extensive use of integrated logging suite data during estimation of input parameters for interpretation of pressure transient analysis results.
The difficulty of this task was due to the fact that the extent of the vertical fracture in the Turonian formation was several times larger than the perforation zone and, as a result, estimation of the actual net pay based on the conventional logging suite data was hardly practicable. Besides that, due to poor perforation quality the geometry of fracture flow from the reservoir was affected. In view of this, Spectral Noise Logging technique was applied to estimate the reservoir effective thickness contributing to the flow through the fracture created as a result of the hydraulic fracturing job.
The integrated logging suite supplemented with SNL-HD tool was run at several differential pressures. As a result of SNL-HD and HPT surveys and subsequent flow modelling, valuable information on fracture flow rates was successfully obtained.
|File Size||939 KB||Number of Pages||8|
Ghalem, S., Serry, A. M., Al-felasi Ali. 2012. Innovative Logging Tool Using Noise Log and High Precision Temperature Help to Diagnoses Complex Problems. Presented at the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Conference and Exhibition, 11-14 November, Abu Dhabi, UAE. doi:10.2118/161712-MS. https://www.onepetro.org/conference-paper/SPE-161712-MS
Suarez, N., Otubaga, A., Mehrotra, N., Aslanyan, A.. 2013. Complementing Production Logging with Spectral Noise Analysis to Improve Reservoir Characterisation and Surveillance. Presented at the SPWLA 54th Annual Logging Symposium, 22-26 June, New Orleans, Louisiana. SPWLA-2013-TTT. https://www.onepetro.org/conference-paper/SPWLA-2013-TTT
I. Y. Aslanyan, R. N. Minakhmetova, V. G. Pimatyev(TGT Service LLC), A. A. Kozlov(Slavneft-Krasnoyarskneftegaz LLC), A.G. Kuznetsova(RN-KrasnoyarskNIPIneft LLC) Identification of Inflow Zones in Low-Rate Horizontal Wells by Spectral Noise Logging SPE Russian Petroleum Technology Conference, 16-18 October, Moscow, Russia. https://doi.org/10.2118/187909-RU
Maslennikova, Y. S., Bochkarev, V. V., Savinkov, A. V., Davydov, D. A. 2012. Spectral Noise Logging Data Processing Technology. Presented at the SPE Russian Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Technical Conference and Exhibition, 16-18 October, Moscow, Russia. doi:10.2118/162081-MS. https://www.onepetro.org/conference-paper/SPE-162081-MS