Proposal and Experimental Trials on an Autonomous Robot for Rigless Well Intervention
- Hugo Santos (Petrobras) | Paulo Paz (Petrobras) | Igor Kretli (Petrobras) | Ney Reis (Petrobras) | Hardy Pinto (Petrobras) | Maurício Galassi (Petrobras) | Daniel Pozzani (Petrobras) | Alessandro Lanzilotta (Petrobras) | Bruno Castro (Petrobras) | André Ferreira (Petrobras) | Lincoln Thomé (Petrobras) | Valter Beal (Senai CIMATEC)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, 24-26 September, Dallas, Texas, USA
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2018. Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 3 Production and Well Operations, 3 Production and Well Operations, 3.5 Well Intervention
- robot, well, autonomous, workover, rigless
- 6 in the last 30 days
- 178 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 8.50|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 25.00|
This paper proposes the development of an autonomous robot for rigless well interventions in order to reduce costs by avoiding the need of a rig to do so, especially for light workover operations in offshore locations. It also presents experimental tests performed in a laboratory string and in a test well in order to evaluate the feasibility of this technology.
|File Size||2 MB||Number of Pages||17|
Donnelly J. New Subsea Technology Aims to Cut Well-Intervention Costs [Artigo] // JPT. - [s.l.] : SPE, 2005. - Vols. 57, https://doi.org/10.2118/0605-0020-JPT.
Kakogawa A. M. Mobility of an In-pipe Robot, with Screw Drive Mechanism inside Curved Pipes [Conferência] // 2010 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics. - Tianjin, China : IEEE, 2010. - Vols. 1530-1535, https://doi.org/10.1109/ROBIO.2010.5723557.
Munkerud P. K. e Inderberg O. Riserless Light Well Intervention (RLWI) [Conferência]. - Texas, U.S.A. : OTC, 2007. - https://doi.org/10.4043/18746-MS.
Santos H. F. L. e Meggiolaro M. A. Probabilistic Robotics Applied to Self-Localization Inside Oil Wells of an Autonomous System. [Conferência] // COBEM. - Rio de Janeiro : [s.n.], 2015. - Vols. dx.doi.org/10.20906/CPS/COB-2015-1158.
Shukla A. e Karki H. Application of robotics in offshore oil and gas industry — a review Part II [Artigo] // Robotics and Autonomous Systems. - 2016. - dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2015.09.013 : Vol. 75.
Shukla A. e Karki H. Application of robotics in onshore oil and gas industry—A review Part I [Artigo] // Robotics and Autonomous Systems. - 2016. - https://doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2015.09.012 : Vol. 75B.
Svensen M.,Williamson R. e Law M. Qualification of the Deepwater Subsea Well Intervention System "AX-S" for 10,000 ft Operations [Conferência] // SPE Offshore Europe Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition. - Aberdeen, UK : SPE, 2011. - Vols. SPE 146124, https://doi.org/10.2118/146124-MS.
Willis S. K. e Campbell J. A. S. The Development of a Light Well Intervention Ship [Conferência] // SPE/ICoTA Coiled Tubing Roundtable. - Houston : SPE, 2000. - Vols. SPE 60729, https://doi.org/10.2118/60729-MS.