Optimizing the Deepwater Completion Process: Case History of the Tamar 8 Completion Design, Execution and Initial Performance - Offshore Israel
- John Healy (Noble Energy) | Steven M. Waggoner (Noble Energy) | Ian Magin (Noble Energy) | Matt Beavers (Noble Energy) | Kevin Williams (Noble Energy) | Russell Hebert (Noble Energy)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- IADC/SPE Drilling Conference and Exhibition, 6-8 March, Fort Worth, Texas, USA
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2018. IADC/SPE Drilling Conference and Exhibition
- 2.1.7 Deepwater Completions, 2.1 Completion Selection and Design, 1.10 Drilling Equipment, 1.1.6 Hole Openers & Under-reamers, 2 Well completion, 2.4.3 Gravel pack design & evaluation, 1.6 Drilling Operations, 2.4 Sand Control, 2.1 Completion Selection and Design
- completion, OHGP, israel, gas, deepwater
- 8 in the last 30 days
- 195 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 8.50|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 25.00|
A case history from Offshore Israel is presented that describes the successful delivery of one (1) ultra-high rate gas well (+250 MMscf/D) completed in a significant (11.5 TCF) gas field with 7 in. production tubing and an Open Hole Gravel Pack (OHGP). The well described, Tamar 8, was completed approximately 4 years after the start of initial production from the Tamar development. Several operational innovations and process improvements were implemented that resulted in a significant reduction in rig time. A novel multi-purpose integrated tool string design enabled the sequential drilling of the pilot hole, underreaming of the reservoir section, several fluid displacements and casing cleaning in a single trip. The completions were installed with minimal operational issues (completion Non-Productive Time, NPT = 2.6%). Production commenced in April 2017. The initial completion productivity of this new well exceeded the five wells completed in 2012. Peak production rate to date is 281 MMscf/D.
|File Size||2 MB||Number of Pages||18|
Healy, J.C..: "Design, Installation, and Performance of Big Bore (9-? in.) Completions: Mari-B Field, Offshore Israel," paper SPE 151770-PP prepared for presentation at the SPE International Symposium and Exhibition on Formation Damage Control, Lafayette, Louisiana, U.S.A., 15-17 September 2012.
Healy, J.C..: "Design, Installation and Performance of Big Bore (9-? in.) Completions: Mari-B Field, Offshore Israel," paper SPE 151770 prepared for presentation at the SPE International Symposium and Exhibition on Formation Damage Control, Lafayette, Louisiana, U.S.A., 15-17 February 2012.
Healy, J.C..: "Design, Qualification, QAQC and Operational Performance of Completion Fluid, Reservoir Drill-in Fluid and Breaker - Tamar, Offshore Israel," paper SPE/IADC-173060-MS presented at the SPE/IADC Drilling Conference and Exhibition held in London, United Kingdom, 17-19 March 2015.