Revisiting EOR Projects in Indonesia through Integrated Study: EOR Screening, Predictive Model, and Optimisation
- A. D. Hartono (Kyushu University) | F. Hakiki (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology) | Z. Syihab (Institut Teknologi Bandung) | F. Ambia (SKK Migas) | A. Yasutra (Institut Teknologi Bandung) | S. Sutopo (Institut Teknologi Bandung) | M. Efendi (Pertamina Upstream Technology Center) | V. Sitompul (Pertamina Upstream Technology Center) | I. Primasari (Pertamina Upstream Technology Center) | R. Apriandi (Pertamina Upstream Technology Center)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- SPE/IATMI Asia Pacific Oil & Gas Conference and Exhibition, 17-19 October , Jakarta, Indonesia
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2017. Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 7.2 Risk Management and Decision-Making, 7 Management and Information, 5.4 Improved and Enhanced Recovery, 7.2.1 Risk, Uncertainty and Risk Assessment, 7.2.3 Decision-making Processes, 7.6 Information Management and Systems, 7.6.4 Data Mining, 5.4 Improved and Enhanced Recovery
- Predictive Model, EOR Optimization, EOR Screening, Optimization, EOR Risk Assesments
- 2 in the last 30 days
- 461 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 5.00|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 28.00|
EOR preliminary analysis is pivotal to be performed at early stage of assessment in order to elucidate EOR feasibility. This study proposes an in-depth analysis toolkit for EOR preliminary evaluation. The toolkit incorporates EOR screening, predictive, economic, risk analysis and optimisation modules. The screening module introduces algorithms which assimilates statistical and engineering notions into consideration. The United States Department of Energy (U.S. DOE) predictive models were implemented in the predictive module. The economic module is available to assess project attractiveness, while Monte Carlo Simulation is applied to quantify risk and uncertainty of the evaluated project. Optimization scenario of EOR practice can be evaluated using the optimisation module, in which stochastic methods of Genetic Algorithms (GA), Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) and Evolutionary Strategy (ES) were applied in the algorithms. The modules were combined into an integrated package of EOR preliminary assessment. Finally, we utilised the toolkit to evaluate several Indonesian oil fields for EOR evaluation (past projects) and feasibility (future projects). The attempt was able to update the previous consideration regarding EOR attractiveness and open new opportunity for EOR implementation in Indonesia.
|File Size||3 MB||Number of Pages||20|
Abidin, A.Z., Puspasari, T., Nugroho, W. 2012. Polymers for Enhanced Oil Recovery Technology. Procedia Chemistry 4, 11–16. doi: 10.1016/j.proche.2012.06.002.
Al Adasani, A. and Bai, B. 2011. Analysis of EOR Projects and Updated Screening Criteria. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, Vol. 79 (2011), pp. 10–24. doi: 10.1016/j.petrol.2011.07.005.
Bou-Mikael, S., Asmadi, F., Marwoto, D. and Cease, C. 2000. Minas Surfactant Field Trial Tests Two Newly Designed Surfactants with High EOR Potential. SPE 64288. Presented at the 2000 SPE Asia Pacific Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition, Brisbane, Australia, 16 – 18 October 2000. doi: 10.2118/64288-MS.
Hakiki, F., Maharsi, D.A. and Marhaendrajana, T. 2015. Surfactant-Polymer Coreflood Simulation and Uncertainty Analysis Derived from Laboratory Study. J. Eng. Technol. Sci. 4(6), pp. 706–725. doi: 10.5614%2Fj.eng.technol.sci.2015.47.6.9.
Hakiki, F., Aditya, A., Ulitha, D.T., Shidqi, M., Adi, W.S., Wibowo, K.H., Barus, M. 2017. Well and Inflow Performance Relationship for Heavy Oil Reservoir under Heating Treatment. Paper SPE-186187-MS. Presented at the 2017 SPE/IATMI Asia Pacific Oil & Gas Conference and Exhibition, Bali, Indonesia. 17-19 October 2017.
Halim, A.Y., Pedersen, D.S., Nielsen, S.M., Lantz, A.E. 2015. Profiling of Indigenous Microbial Community Dynamics and Metabolic Activity During Enrichment in Molasses-Supplemented Crude Oil-Brine Mixtures for Improved Understanding of Microbial Enhanced Oil Recovery. Appl Biochem Biotechnol 176, pp. 1012–1028.
Hon, V. Y., Kechut, N. I. and Razak, W. N. A. 2007. Enhanced Oil Recovery Potential of Heavy-Oil Fields in Africa. SPE-108513-MS. Presented at the 2007 International Oil Conference and Exhibition, Veracruz, Mexico, 27 – 30 June 2007. doi: 10.2118/108513-MS.