New Rapid Modeling Technology to Select Optimal Waterflooding Options for Oil Fields
- S. P. Rodionov (CONCORD LLC, Tyumen Branch of the Khristianovich Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences) | O. N. Pichugin (CONCORD LLC) | V. P. Kosyakov (CONCORD LLC, Tyumen Branch of the Khristianovich Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences) | E. N. Musakaev (CONCORD LLC, Tyumen Branch of the Khristianovich Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- SPE Russian Petroleum Technology Conference and Exhibition, 24-26 October, Moscow, Russia
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2016. Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 2.2.2 Perforating, 5 Reservoir Desciption & Dynamics, 2 Well completion, 5.4.1 Waterflooding, 5.4 Improved and Enhanced Recovery, 2.2 Installation and Completion Operations
- 5 in the last 30 days
- 64 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 8.50|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 25.00|
The article describes a computational technology to optimize a reservoir development system with known well locations. It includes a number of algorithms for determining the optimal options of setting injection and production wells or well perforation intervals.
The proposed technology is based on a combination of the Lagrange-Pontryagin formalism, the analytical solutions of flow equations, and a "greedy" algorithm. Such an approach to the problem ensures a hugegain in computation time, even for fields with a large number of wells.
The best well perforation intervals were determined in terms of oil recovery or the development system economics, or well perforation intervals in symmetric elements of different well patterns with a nonuniform distribution of flow properties using real fields.
The computational efficiency of the proposed algorithms was studied and their benefits in comparison with existing analogues were demonstrated. It has been found that the algorithms allow to get one of the most favorable options of the development system or well perforation intervals in a practicable time.
|File Size||4 MB||Number of Pages||24|
V. P. Kosyakov, S. P. Rodionov, Finding the best placement of well gallery in a zone-based inhomogeneous reservoir, taking into account thermo-physical properties of fluids on the basis of analytical solutions // Bulletin of the Tyumen State University. Tyumen: Publishing House of the Tyumen State University, 2012. No.4, p. 14-21.