Application of Horizontal Wells with Complex Completion Systems for Efficient Recovery of Tight Oil Reserves of Thin Under-Gas Rims with Bottom Water (Russian)
- A. V. Yazkov (JSC ARCTICGAZ) | V. E. Gorobets (JSC ARCTICGAZ) | A. N. Zagaynov (JSC ARCTICGAZ) | A. V. Yazkov (NOVATEK NTC LLC) | P. A. Kudrin (NOVATEK NTC LLC) | A. V. Poushev (NOVATEK NTC LLC) | D. G. Nerodenko (NOVATEK NTC LLC) | F. M. Minikayev (NOVATEK NTC LLC) | A. M. Milushkin (NOVATEK OJSC)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- SPE Russian Petroleum Technology Conference and Exhibition, 24-26 October, Moscow, Russia
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2016. Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 5.7.2 Recovery Factors, 7 Management and Information, 5.7 Reserves Evaluation, 7.2 Risk Management and Decision-Making, 7.2.1 Risk, Uncertainty and Risk Assessment, 5 Reservoir Desciption & Dynamics
- 5 in the last 30 days
- 66 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 8.50|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 25.00|
The pdf file of this paper is in Russian.
Recovery of tight oil reserves related to thin under-gas rims complicated by a presence of bottom water represents a crucial task for a huge number of operators throughout the world.
The main problem of development of such reserves are represented by almost inevitable processes of gas and water coning leading to gas and water breakthrough to the bottom of producing wells which in its turn affects process and economic performance indicators of development and prevents reaching high oil recovery factor (ORF) values.
This article represents an efficient approach to recovery of tight oil reserves related to thin under-gas rims with bottom water providing for the use of multipurpose wells with complex design allowing efficiently using the gas cap energy and managing the risks related to water coning.
|File Size||1 MB||Number of Pages||12|