Well Performance Improvement Using Complex Nano Fluids
- Shanof Mohamed Kutty (ADMA OPCO) | Myrat Kuliyev (ADMA OPCO) | Mohamed Abdelsalam Hussein (ADMA OPCO) | Sunil Chitre (ADMA OPCO) | Hammad Mustafa (ADMA OPCO) | Glenn Penny (CESI Chemical - Flotek Company) | Jamal Wehbeh (CESI Chemical - Flotek Company) | David Germack (CESI Chemical - Flotek Company) | Daniel Shedd (CESI Chemical - Flotek Company) | Chilezie Lelenwa (CESI Chemical - Flotek Company)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference, 9-12 November, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2015. Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 3 Production and Well Operations, 5.5.2 Core Analysis, 7 Management and Information, 7.3 Strategic Planning and Management, 4.1.2 Separation and Treating, 4.1 Processing Systems and Design, 1.6 Drilling Operations, 7.3.3 Project Management, 4 Facilities Design, Construction and Operation, 2 Well completion, 1.6.9 Coring, Fishing, 4.2.3 Materials and Corrosion
- Nano Fluid, Stimulation, Acidizing, Complex Nano Fluid, Well Performance
- 9 in the last 30 days
- 356 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 8.50|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 25.00|
ADMA OPCO has started operations for a full field development plan in a green field located in offshore Abu Dhabi. All reservoirs are carbonates (dolomites and limestones) and thus acid stimulation is required post well completion in order to increase the well production/injection rate. During the planning stage, an extensive acid recipe study was carried out to formulate stimulation treatments to meet the challenging complexities of the reservoirs, high downhole temperatures and long corrosion protection time. Several lab tests were carried out to formulate all the acid recipes.
While in quest of new technology, an additive called ‘Complex Nano Fluid’ was introduced in the acid recipes based on proven case histories from around the world. This was also confirmed with the lab tests using ADMA reservoir crude and core samples. It is expected that by including nano fluids in matrix stimulation fluids, the overall productivity enhancement will be approximately 40% greater than conventional treatment approches. Most of the tests were performed in Abu Dhabi, however special wormholing tests with CT scan were done in a lab in Houston to evaluate the effectiveness of nano fluids on core samples.
This paper details the acid recipe work flow process, the different lab tests that were carried out to formulate the acid recipes, mechanism of complex nano fluid and its advantages.
|File Size||2 MB||Number of Pages||11|