Live Well Models a Tool for Production Optimization
- R. V. Rachapudi (Kuwait Oil Company) | B. Y. Haider (Kuwait Oil Company) | T. Al-Mutairi (Kuwait Oil Company) | K. W. Al Deyain (Kuwait Oil Company) | M. Al-Yahya (Kuwait Oil Company) | A. Shakeel (Kuwait oil company) | K. R. Qureshey (Kuwait Oil Company) | M. Harith (Schlumberger)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- SPE Middle East Intelligent Energy Conference and Exhibition, 28-30 October, Manama, Bahrain
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2013, Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 5.3.2 Multiphase Flow, 5.6.8 Well Performance Monitoring, Inflow Performance, 4.1.2 Separation and Treating, 5.2.1 Phase Behavior and PVT Measurements, 5.6.4 Drillstem/Well Testing, 3 Production and Well Operations, 4.4.2 SCADA, 2.2.2 Perforating, 3.2.2 Downhole intervention and remediation (including wireline and coiled tubing), 4.1.5 Processing Equipment, 1.8 Formation Damage
- Automated Report, Well & reservoir performance Monitoring, ESP Run Life, Live Well Models, Production Estimation, Production Optimization
- 0 in the last 30 days
- 203 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 9.50|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 28.00|
Continuous well performance monitoring plays a key role in making decision related to well workover and production optimization. Well parameters and corresponding rates over a period of time will represent the change in well performance. Live Well models are useful for estimating the continuous well production rates. Well models become live if they get updated with changing fluid and reservoir properties along with proper calibration to latest well conditions.
In general industry practice is to update the model manually; this is a tidious and time consuming process. Umm Gudair Field Development team implemented a real time system using available resources that integrates and runs workflows between corporate data base, well surveillance data base and well models. Workflows were implemented as part of the real time system to calculate the well parameters from sensor readings and update the models to run on daily basis, such that the models become live and production rates will be estimated.
The daily output generated from the workflows is basically updated well models and parameters along with production estimation report that will get emailed to users. The daily report contains the information about well status, potential, reasons for well closure etc. The workflows are intelligent enough to flag the need for model calibration and surface rate measurements. The daily estimated well parameters will be saved back to database for visualization. In conclusion, real time system was implemented to keep the well models live and useful as a tool for optimizing the oil production, improving the ESP's run life and delaying the well intervention requirements.
|File Size||1 MB||Number of Pages||10|