Decreasing Formation Damage with New Completion Methods in Daqing Oilfield
- Guowen Zhu (Daqing Oilfield Co,. Ltd.) | Xinguang Sui (Daqing Oilfield Co,. Ltd.) | Bing Liu (Daqing Oilfield Co,. Ltd.) | Bo Xu (Tong Oil Tools Co., Ltd.) | Mingsheng Wang (Daqing Oilfield Co,. Ltd.) | Weiqing Xiang (Daqing Oilfield Co,. Ltd.) | Lihong Liu (Daqing Oilfield Co,. Ltd.)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- SPE European Formation Damage Conference & Exhibition, 5-7 June, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2013, Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 1.8 Formation Damage, 2 Well Completion, 2.4.3 Sand/Solids Control, 2.2.2 Perforating, 5.2 Reservoir Fluid Dynamics, 1.6 Drilling Operations, 2.3.4 Real-time Optimization, 5.3.4 Integration of geomechanics in models
- low permeable reservoir, compacted zone, Formation Damage, new type of perforating bullets, Completion Methods
- 0 in the last 30 days
- 232 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 9.50|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 28.00|
Daqing Oilfield is a continental deposit oilfield with multi-layers. It has entered a high water cut development stage, its tertiary infill wells mainly develop the formations with effective thickness less than 0.5m and a low permeability less than 0.05 Darcy, this kind of layers usually perform a low conductivity. Technically, this formation requires a better completion method. Being previously used on high permeability formation with small aperture and short penetration, the perforating bullet could not meet the completion requirement in such a low permeability formation. At present, new type of perforating bullets are being developed with aperture and penetration of 1.5 fold respectively, but its high perforating energy make a thicker compacted zone around the penetrated channel, this result in a low conductivity.
This paper discusses about this problem, by applying new completion methods to reduce the formation damage in low permeable reservoir. First, the negative pressure perforation method is applied to reduce the stemming ; second, a compound high energy perforation method is applied to perform about 10cm length fissures which can penetrates the compacted zone around the channel thus increase the conductivity. Both of the two methods were applied combined on 166 tertiary infill wells in 2011, it increased a fluid productivity to 2.8t/d.m, it was 2.9 folds of the previous perforation. It effectively solved the problem of formation damage caused by deep penetration bullet to highly increase the fluid productivity in low permeable reservoir.
Daqing Oilfied is a typical continental deposited reservoir with multi-layers and serious heterogeneity. Sazhong area of Daqing Oilfied covers an area of 161.25 km2. Its OOIP is 10.5 bbls, its current recovery percent is 39.0% with a water cut of 87.25%. Although this oilfield is on its later stage of high water-cut, infill adjustment is still a kind of effective measure to improve recovery. It shows that the tertiary infill adjustment can improve its recovery by 3-4% according to both theoretical calculation and practice, but with the progress of infill adjustment, the formation factors of the target formations are becoming more and more adverse. The remaining oil distribution is more difficult to grasp. For the formations with a complex remaining oil distribution in space and in low permeability zones, the ever effective measures of completion technology used before is not adequate for all the requirements of infill adjustment wells. A new completion technology must be developed to meet the requirements of improving the general effect in extreme low permeability.
|File Size||548 KB||Number of Pages||7|