Renewal Plan: Efficient Strategy for Optimum Development in Mature Fields - A Success Story from Sanga-Sanga Assets, Indonesia
- Andre Wijanarko (VICO Indonesia) | Bambang Sugeng Ismanto (VICO Indonesia) | Robhy C. Permana (VICO Indonesia) | Italo Pizzolante (Eni)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- SPE Asia Pacific Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition, 22-24 October, Perth, Australia
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2012. Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 5.1.1 Exploration, Development, Structural Geology, 4.6.2 Liquified Natural Gas (LNG), 1.7.5 Well Control, 3.1.6 Gas Lift, 4.1.6 Compressors, Engines and Turbines, 4.2 Pipelines, Flowlines and Risers, 5.4.2 Gas Injection Methods, 2.4.3 Sand/Solids Control, 1.6 Drilling Operations, 3.2.3 Hydraulic Fracturing Design, Implementation and Optimisation, 1.6.6 Directional Drilling, 3.1.8 Gas Well Deliquification, 5.1.2 Faults and Fracture Characterisation, 5.2.1 Phase Behavior and PVT Measurements, 2 Well Completion, 3.1.5 Plunger lift, 4.1.2 Separation and Treating, 2.2.2 Perforating, 2.5.2 Fracturing Materials (Fluids, Proppant), 5.6.4 Drillstem/Well Testing, 3.3.1 Production Logging
- 2 in the last 30 days
- 452 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 9.50|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 28.00|
VICO Indonesia is the operator of the Sanga-Sanga Production Sharing Contract located onshore of the Mahakam delta, East Kalimantan, Indonesia since 1968. Over 40 years the PSC has produced 70% of the estimated original gas in place, supporting Bontang LNG plant. VICO has 7 producing fields, in a complex fluvial deltaic deposition with more than 2700 gas and oil reservoir, mixed of depletion and water drive mechanism reservoir. VICO production peaked at 1.5 BSCFD in 1995 then start to decline. Current production is in the range 385 MMSCFD of gas and 14500 BOPD of liquids from 400 active wells.
In a situation of 46% annual base decline, to fulfill domestic and LNG contractual commitments and to optimize reserve recovery, VICO generated and implemented an integrated and aggressive work program called "Renewal Plan??. This is an integrated approach between reservoir management and technology application; it provides a detail road map to onward development strategy.
The main elements of the plan are extensive development drilling activities (conventional drilling, grid base drilling, cluster well drilling), low permeability reservoir optimization (horizontal well, hydraulic fracturing, radial drilling), production optimization (deliquification technique, permanent coil tubing gas lift for monobore type) and facilities optimization (reducing abandonment pressure by additional compression installation, wellhead compressor, debottlenecking).
Technology application in drilling, completions, production and facilities optimization combine with synergy from multidisciplinary team have resulted in maintaining VICO production decline in the range of 5% (vs 46% base decline), allowing promoting and partially replacing the reserves at an attractive development cost, even after 40 years production life.
This paper will describe the successful implementation of renewal plan in VICO Indonesia, which proved to be an efficient example of better reservoir management for optimum development of mature assets.
VICO Indonesia Sanga-Sanga Production Sharing Contract (PSC) acreage, is located onshore of the Mahakam Delta, East Kalimantan, Indonesia. This is located within the Kutai Basin; which is characterized by the Samarinda anticlinorium 1, with a series of highly prolific North-East and South-West trending anticline(s). Hydrocarbon accumulations are most often located within a series of Mid-Miocene upper-delta and delta-plain sandstone reservoir(s), and are principally characterised by four-way dip closure or two way structural/stratigraphic traps. The depositional environment consists of numerous complex fluvial-deltaic, channel/mouth-bar sands.
|File Size||2 MB||Number of Pages||19|