A Review of Polymer EOR on Offshore Heavy Oil Field in Bohai Bay, China
- Xiaodong Kang | Jian Zhang (China Natl Offshore Oil Corp) | Fujie Sun (China National Offshore Oil Corp.) | Fengjiu Zhang (China National Offshore Oil Corp.) | Guozhi Feng | JunRu Yang (CNOOC Research Center) | Xiansong Zhang (CNOOC Limited) | Wentao Xiang (China National Offshore Oil Corp.)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- SPE Enhanced Oil Recovery Conference, 19-21 July, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2011. Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 5.4.7 Chemical Flooding Methods (e.g., Polymer, Solvent, Nitrogen, Immiscible CO2, Surfactant, Vapex), 5.4.1 Waterflooding, 4.3.4 Scale, 5.7.2 Recovery Factors
- 3 in the last 30 days
- 1,213 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 8.50|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 25.00|
Recently, CNOOC launched the EOR with chemical flooding on more and more offshore oilfields in Bohai Bay in china. With the useful life of platform and the present production state, polymer flooding is considered as an important technology for the strategic development of offshore heavy oil fields in Bohai bay. Up to 2010, there are 3 polymer EOR projects on heavy oil field which the water cut is between 10-80%. And about 20 thousand tons polymer powder was used in 27 wells in the past 5 years. It has been seen that the water cut declined while the oil production increased. The application result shown it is feasible. The history of polymer EOR in Bohai Bay was present in the paper.
About 60-70% oil is remained in the formation after water flooding , and for offshore heavy oil reservoir, more oil (about 80%) is remained by the end of the platform life. How to produce the remained oil economically and efficiently has become a problem to be resolved. For onshore oilfield, for example Daqing oilfield, the industrial scale polymer flooding was started in 1996. The timing of polymer injection on onshore oilfield was at the stage of high and ultra-high WCT (above 90%). And it was obtained of the high incremental recovery (about 10% OOIP).
To obtain the maximum recovery factor in the life of platform, the polymer flooding tests ware started. From 2003 to now, polymer flooding was conducted from the single well to well pattern pilot test, and to integrated oilfield, extending the test scale step by step. By 2010, there were 27 polymer injection wells in 5 platforms of 3 oilfields: the single well injectivity pilot test start on PF-A oilfield in 2003, the well pattern pilot test on PF-A oilfield in 2005, polymer flooding test for low WCT oilfield of PF-B in 2006 and for mid-high WCT oilfield of PF-C in 2007, and then enlarged scale field test on PF-A oilfield in 2008. With the development of polymer flooding on offshore oilfield, the effects on water cut reduction and oil production improvement were obtained. The total oil production improvement was more than 6.0 million bbl by the end of 2010.
|File Size||235 KB||Number of Pages||7|