Microbe-Enhanced Oil Recovery Technology Obtains Huge Success in Low-Permeability Reservoirs in Daqing Oilfield
- Wankui Guo (Daqing Oilfield Co. Ltd) | Chengfang Shi (Daqing Oilfield Co. Ltd.) | Zhenyu Yang (Daqing Oilfield Co. Ltd.) | Zhaowei Hou (Daqing Oilfield Co. Ltd.) | Rui Jin (Daqing Oilfield Co. Ltd.) | Ying Wang (Daqing Oilfield Co. Ltd.) | Jiyuan Zhang (Daqing Oilfield Company Limited) | Guanghao Shan (Daqing Oilfield Co. Ltd.) | Zhi Yao Wang (Daqing Oilfield Co. Ltd.) | Tie Cao (Daqing Oilfield Co. Ltd.) | Chun Gang Liu (Daqing Oilfield Co. Ltd.)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- SPE Eastern Regional Meeting, 11-13 October, Canton, Ohio, USA
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2006. Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 2.4.3 Sand/Solids Control, 6.5.2 Water use, produced water discharge and disposal, 3.2.3 Hydraulic Fracturing Design, Implementation and Optimisation, 5.4.10 Microbial Methods, 3 Production and Well Operations, 5.4.1 Waterflooding, 5.3.2 Multiphase Flow, 5.7.2 Recovery Factors, 1.6 Drilling Operations, 4.3.4 Scale
- 1 in the last 30 days
- 634 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 9.50|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 28.00|
Based on the MEOR mechanism study of Brevibacillus brevis and Bacillus cereus, From 2002 to 2004, the two strain and other microbes were applied in the microbial huff and puff as well as the Microbial enhanced waterflood test in Daqing excessively low permeability (1.0md-25md) reservoir. After bacteria injection, 44 among the 60 huff and puff wells shows a significant oil production response—the accumulative oil increment reaches 9175.5 tons and the input-output ratio amounts to 1: 8. The Microbial enhanced waterflood test carried out in June 2004 also provides a satisfying result. After the injection of bacteria, the pressure in the two water injectors decreased more than 2MPa, which results in an injection capacity increase. The Analyse result of production fluid indicate that the selected bacteria can adapt the stratum conditions better and can grow and reproduce . They degrade heavy hydrocarbon ,improve character of crude oil and metabolize active substances. The fluid production of trial field increase and water cut decline . in late 2005 , 7 production wells among 10 production wells get good effect .Fluid production increased from 50.7 tons per day (before bacteria injection) to 68.3 tons per day, and the corresponding water cut declined from 46.8% to 40.3%.oil production is increased from 24.7 tons per day (before bacteria injection) to 40.8 tons per day.The accumulative oil increment more than 5800tons and the input/output ratio is 1:5. These make MEOR a very promising and effective oil recovery method in Daqing low permeabilityreservoirs.
Reservoirs' stratum conditions are different. The geological conditions of some reservoirs are good, and it is somewhat relatively easy to exploit crude oil, but some are poorer with poor physical properties, low permeability, narrow, small and changeable sand body, high oil viscosity and low fluidity. Moreover, there are pollution and other influential factors during drilling and water injection. Therefore, higher kick off pressure is needed for reservoir development, and it is difficult to inject water. Due to higher injection-production ratio, the effective driving system cannot be established easily. So, oil producer response is poor, production reset is slow and single well production is low.
Daqing periphery oilfield belongs to "3 low oilfield??, namely, low permeability, low reserves abundance and low well production. The annual output of the periphery oilfield has reached 500×l04t, which contribute to the total production of Daqing oilfield. Due to the unfavorable conditions mentioned, the development results are not ideal. It's urgent to explore new economical and effective development mode and improve the oil recovery further.
In recent years, MEOR has entered a new development period with successful applications in some countries[1-16], and the potential for the application of MEOR is fine in the near future. However, the thorough research on MEOR mechanisms is not enough, and the success rate of application is still not high enough to greatly increase oil recovery factor. This paper is about the research on the mechanism of Brevibacillus brevis and Bacillus cereus degrading petroleum hydrocarbon, and with the application of these two kinds of microbes, MEOR field test has been implemented successfully in Daqing peripheral low permeability oilfields.
|File Size||257 KB||Number of Pages||8|