Sum-rate maximization for wireless seismic data acquisition systems
- Abdullah Othman (King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Dhahran, Saudi Arabia) | Wessam Mesbah (King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Dhahran, Saudi Arabia) | Naveed Iqbal (King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Dhahran, Saudi Arabia) | Suhail Al-Dharrab (King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Dhahran, Saudi Arabia) | Ali Muqaibel (King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Dhahran, Saudi Arabia) | Gordon Stuber (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Document ID
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- 2018 SEG International Exposition and Annual Meeting, 14-19 October, Anaheim, California, USA
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2018. Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- Survey design, Acquisition, Algorithm
- 0 in the last 30 days
- 11 since 2007
- Show more detail
In this paper we consider the problem of maximizing the information theoretic sum-rate in a wireless geo-seismic acquisition system. Successive interference cancellation decoding is assumed at the gateway nodes, and Shannon capacity bounds are used to search for the optimal set of geophones to be decoded at each gateway. These optimization algorithms are simulated and compared, where it is shown that the ant system achieves the highest sum-rate compared to other algorithms.
Presentation Date: Tuesday, October 16, 2018
Start Time: 9:20:00 AM
Location: Poster Station 11
Presentation Type: Poster
|File Size||381 KB||Number of Pages||5|
Dorigo,M., andC.Blum,2005,Ant colony optimization theory: A survey:Theoretical Computer Science,344,243–278,10.1016/j.tcs.2005.05.020.
Freed,D.,2008,Cable-free nodes: The next generation land seismic system:The Leading Edge,27,878–881,10.1190/1.2954027.
Iqbal,N.,A.Zerguine, andN.Al-Dhahir,2015,Decision feedback equalization using particle swarm optimization:Signal Processing,108,1–12,10.1016/j.sigpro.2014.07.030.
Kennedy,J., andR.Eberhart,1997,A discrete binary version of the particle swarm algorithm:1997 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics. Computational Cybernetics and Simulation,5,4104–4108,10.1109/ICSMC.1997.637339.
Kirkpatrick,S.,C. D.GelattJr., andM. P.Vecchi,1983,Optimization by simulated annealing:Science,220,671–680,10.1126/science.220.4598.671.
Pampara,G.,N.Franken, andA. P.Engelbrecht,2005,Combining particle swarm optimisation with angle modulation to solve binary problems:2005 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation,89–96,10.1109/CEC.2005.1554671.
Savazzi,S.,U.Spagnolini,L.Goratti,D.Molteni,M.Latva-Aho, andM.Nicoli,2013,Ultra-wide band sensor networks in oil and gas explorations:IEEE Communications Magazine,51,150–160,10.1109/MCOM.2013.6495774.