Viscoacoustic wave simulation by lattice Boltzmann method and the relationship between relaxation factor and the quality factor
- Shucheng Wang (China University of Petroleum–Beijing) | Muming Xia (China University of Petroleum–Beijing) | Hui Zhou (China University of Petroleum–Beijing) | Ning Wang (China University of Petroleum–Beijing) | Jinwei Fang (China University of Petroleum–Beijing)
- Document ID
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- 2017 SEG International Exposition and Annual Meeting, 24-29 September, Houston, Texas
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2017. Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- Attenuation, Wave propagation, Acoustic, Q, Finite difference
- 1 in the last 30 days
- 12 since 2007
- Show more detail
In this paper, lattice Boltzmann method (LBM) is employed in forward modeling of seismic P-wave propagation. By choosing different relaxation factors in numerical experiments and using spectrum ratio method, the relationship between the quality factor Q and the parameters of LBM can be revealed. After a brief introduction of the theory and method behind LBM, some numerical experiments are carried out to certify the new scheme through comparison with the reference solution obtained by finite difference method (FDM). The wavefields given by LBM coincide with those by FDM, which demonstrates the feasibility of LBM. In addition, we find the relaxation factor of LBM has some relationship with the quality factor Q.
Presentation Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Start Time: 4:45 PM
Presentation Type: ORAL
|File Size||1 MB||Number of Pages||5|
Buick,J. M., andC. A.Greated,1998,Lattice Boltzmann modeling of interfacial gravity waves:Physics of Fluids,10,1490–1511,10.1063/1.869669.
Li,Y., andX.Shan,2011,Lattice Boltzmann method for adiabatic acoustics: Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A:Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences,369,2371–2380,10.1098/rsta.2011.0109.
Madja,G.,R. C. Y.Chin, andF. E.Followill,1985,A perturbation theory for love waves in anelastic media:Geophysical Journal International,80,1–34,10.1111/j.1365-246x.1985.tb05076.x.
McNamara,G. R., andG.Zanetti,1988,Use of the Boltzmann equation to simulate lattice-gas automata:Physical Review Letters,61,2332–2335,10.1103/physrevlett.61.2332.
Qian,Y. H.,D.D'Humières, andP.Lallemand,1992,Lattice BGK models for Navier-Stokes equation:Europhysics Letters,17,479–484,10.1209/0295-5075/17/6/001.