Prestack multiwave joint inversion for Young's modulus and Poisson ratio based on stochastic kriging interpolation
- Bo Yu (China University of Petroleum–Beijing) | Hui Zhou (China University of Petroleum–Beijing) | Xiaofeng Zou (China University of Petroleum–Beijing) | Shaohuan Zu (China University of Petroleum–Beijing) | Ning Wang (China University of Petroleum–Beijing) | Shucheng Wang (China University of Petroleum–Beijing)
- Document ID
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- 2016 SEG International Exposition and Annual Meeting, 16-21 October, Dallas, Texas
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2016. Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- Inversion, AVO/AVA, Interpolation
- 0 in the last 30 days
- 36 since 2007
- Show more detail
The product of Young's modulus and density can highlight abnormal characteristic of shale gas reservoirs, Poisson ratio can indicate fluid property. In this paper, the joint PP and PS AVO inversion based on Bayes theorem is used to obtain Young's modulus and Poisson's ratio. This method can achieve more accurate elastic parameters for fluid prediction and shale gas reservoir identification. We get the PP and PS wave approximate reflection coefficient by the approximate equation of Aki-Richards. We obtain the object function by Bayes theorem, and we suppose the parameter sequence is subject to the Cauchy distribution. To reduce the influence of initial model, we use well log data to obtain a reasonable prior model by stochastic kriging interpolation.
Presentation Date: Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Start Time: 4:00:00 PM
Presentation Type: ORAL
|File Size||2 MB||Number of Pages||5|
Hu,G. Q.,L.Yang,X. C.Wei, andT. S.Chen,2011,Joint pp and ps AVO inversion based on Bayes theorem:Applied Geophysics,8,293–302,10.1007/s11770-010-0306-0.
Rowbotham,P. S.,P.Lamy,P. A.Swaby,O.Dubrule, andT.Cadoret,1999,Geostatistical inversion for reservoir characterization:69th Annual International Meeting, SEG, Expanded Abstracts,17,886,10.1190/1.1820631.
Yin,X. Y.,R. Y.Sun,B. L.Wang, andG. Z.Zhang,2014,Simultaneous inversion of petrophysical parameters based on geostatistical a priori information:Applied Geophysics,11,311–320,10.1007/s11770-014-0445-1.
Zong,Z. Y.,X.Yin, andG.Wu,2012,AVO inversion and poroelasticity with p- and s-wave moduli:Geophysics,77, no.6,N17–N24,10.1190/geo2011-0214.1.