Integrating Big Data: Simulation, Predictive Analytics, Real Time Monitoring, and Data Warehousing in a Single Cloud Application
- N. Mounir (Advantek Waste Management Services) | Y. Guo (Advantek Waste Management Services) | Y. Panchal (Advantek Waste Management Services) | I. M. Mohamed (Advantek Waste Management Services) | A. Abou-Sayed (Advantek Waste Management Services) | O. Abou-Sayed (Advantek Waste Management Services)
- Document ID
- Offshore Technology Conference
- Offshore Technology Conference, 30 April - 3 May, Houston, Texas, USA
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2018. Offshore Technology Conference
- 5.1 Reservoir Characterisation, 7.6 Information Management and Systems, 7 Management and Information, 5.1.10 Reservoir Geomechanics, 5.3.4 Integration of geomechanics in models, 5.6.1 Open hole/cased hole log analysis, 5.3 Reservoir Fluid Dynamics, 5.6 Formation Evaluation & Management, 5 Reservoir Desciption & Dynamics, 0.2 Wellbore Design, 7.6.4 Data Mining, 7.6.6 Artificial Intelligence
- Data Management, Software
- 3 in the last 30 days
- 313 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
The E&P industry is rich in all types of data. Without proper database and analytics, companies are not able to retrieve and analyze the data they need in an efficient way. The result of the data management problems is that decisions are often made using incomplete or incorrect information. Even when the desired data is accessible, requirements for gathering and formatting it may limit the amount of analysis performed before a timely decision must be made.
Strong data management is required to transform wells-related data into an integrated system of information. The key to successful data management is in the use of sophisticated platform-independent codes that doesn't need any special setup or systems which allows easy transfer of information and data over the internet. This paper describes the data management and accompanying analytics approach taken in support of operations in Egypt to provide a shared knowledge system.
This innovative cloud application provides a common interface to multiple systems in the organization, allowing a richer and more complete source of data to be used for decision making. Moreover, it enables the integration of static data, such as well logs in a particular region, with a real-time system to facilitate integrative real-time analyses using artificial intelligence, cloud-hosted physics-based simulators, or both.
To support deepwater needs such as those in Egypt, the system incorporates productivity optimization analysis, reservoir geomechanics (pore pressure prediction, log interpretation, reservoir collapse, fault activation, subsidence, compaction, etc.), and data mining of key development uncertainty and well performance drivers.
|File Size||1 MB||Number of Pages||14|
A. Amirlatifi, G. M. Narahara, O. A. Abou-Sayed, G. Kusinski, G. Block, J. Mills, A. S. Abou-Sayed, A. Zidane (2018). Bethinking Appraisal: Identification of Pre- and Post-Sanction Uncertainty Drivers in Deep and Ultradeep Gulf of Mexico Fields Through Data Mining Will be presented at the Offshore Technology Conference held in Houston, Texas, USA, 30 April&-3 May 2018.
BSEE. 2016. Application of Remote Real-Time Monitoring to Offshore Oil and Gas Operations. https://www.bsee.gov/sites/bsee.gov/files/technology-assessment-program-tap/ab.pdf.
El-Fayoumi, A. M., Zaki, K. S., & Abou-Sayed, A. S. (2011, January 1). 3D Hydraulic Fracture Simulation for Injection in Plastic Shales. Society of Petroleum Engineers. doi:10.2118/142263-MS.