Advanced Control for Gas-Lift Well Optimization
- Mario C M M Campos (PETROBRAS/CENPES) | Marcelo L Lima (PETROBRAS/CENPES) | Alex F Teixeira (PETROBRAS/CENPES) | Cristiano A. Moreira (PETROBRAS/UO-RIO) | Alberto S Stender (PETROBRAS/UO-RIO) | Oscar F. Von Meien (PETROBRAS/SUP) | Bernardo Quaresma (PUC-Rio/Tecgraf)
- Document ID
- Offshore Technology Conference
- OTC Brasil, 24-26 October, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2017. Offshore Technology Conference
- Real time optimization, Advanced control, gas-lift optimization
- 5 in the last 30 days
- 188 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
The search for improvements in the production efficiency is one of the main challenges for the production engineers responsible for an asset, mainly at moments of low prices and very strict regulations for safety, environment and quality of products. Another point is that offshore plants are becoming more complex, so advanced control systems can support the operators and play an important role to improve stability and profitability.
This paper will present an advanced control algorithm for gas-lift optimization of offshore wells that aims to increase oil production. It will also show and discuss some results of the implementations of this real time advanced control system in two offshore platforms, emphasizing the economic gains and critical points to maintain this controller running with a good performance.
|File Size||1 MB||Number of Pages||10|
Campos, M.C.M.M. and Teixeira, A.F., (2011). Os Benefícios e Desafios da Aplicação de Técnicas de Controle Avançado e Otimização em Tempo Real em Unidades Marítimas de Produção, (in portuguese), Instituto Brasileiro de Petróleo, Gás e Biocombustíveis – IBP, VI Congresso Rio Automação, 16 e 17 de maio de 2011, Rio de Janeiro.