Diagnosing Production Problems in Highly Deviated Wells Using Oil and Gas Geochemical Fingerprinting
- Mark A. McCaffrey (Weatherford Laboratories) | Awatif Al-Khamiss (Kuwait Oil Company) | Marc D. Jensen (ConocoPhillips Alaska) | David K. Baskin (Weatherford Laboratories) | Christopher D. Laughrey (Weatherford Laboratories) | Wade M. Rodgers (Occidental Petroleum)
- Document ID
- Offshore Technology Conference
- Offshore Technology Conference, 1-4 May, Houston, Texas, USA
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2017. Offshore Technology Conference
- 5.6.5 Tracers, 5 Reservoir Desciption and Dynamics, 3 Production and Well Operations, 5.6 Formation Evaluation and Management, 3 Production and Well Operations, 1.6.6 Directional Drilling
- gas chromatography, geochemistry, production allocation, fill clean out, oil fingerprinting
- 0 in the last 30 days
- 145 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|File Size||980 KB||Number of Pages||8|
Al-Zankawi O., Al-Khamees A., Rashaid M., Hayat L., Al Mahmeed F., Ali F., McCaffrey M. A., Baskin D. K. (2016) Characterizing Flow Behavior from Thin Tight Mauddud Reservoir of the Greater Burgan Field: Integration of Oil Fingerprinting and Production Data., GEO 2016, 12th Middle East Geoscience Conference and Exhibition, Bahrain. Paper Number 2312604.
Baskin, D. A., M. A. McCaffrey, A Kornacki (2013) Allocating the Contribution of Oil from the Eagle Ford Formation, the Buda Formation, and the Austin Chalk to Commingled Production from Horizontal Wells in South Texas Using Geochemical Fingerprinting Technology" AAPG Oral Presentation, Search & Discovery #41268.
Kaufman, R. L., A.S. Ahmed and R.J. Elsinger, 1990. Gas Chromatography as a development and production tool for fingerprinting oils from individual reservoirs: applications in the Gulf of Mexico. in: Proceedings of the 9th Annual Research Conference of the Society of Economic Paleontologists and Mineralogists. (D. Schumaker and B. F. Perkins, Ed.), New Orleans, p. 263–282.