Dynamic Risers for Floating Production Systems API Standard 2RD, Second Edition
- David L. Garrett (Stress Engineering Services,) | Paul N. Stanton (Genesis Oil and Gas,) | Partha Sharma (DNV-GL)
- Document ID
- Offshore Technology Conference
- Offshore Technology Conference, 04-07 May, Houston, Texas, USA
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2015. Offshore Technology Conference
- 4.2 Pipelines, Flowlines and Risers, 4.5 Offshore Facilities and Subsea Systems, 4.5.3 Floating Production Systems, 4.5 Offshore Facilities and Subsea Systems, 4 Facilities Design, Construction and Operation, 4.2.4 Risers
- Risers, API Standard, Floating Production System
- 0 in the last 30 days
- 133 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
Since the first edition of API RP 2RD, Recommended Practice for Design of Risers for Floating Production Systems (FPSs) and Tensioned-Leg Platforms (TLPs), was issued in June 1998, hydrocarbon exploration and production in deep water environments have increased significantly. As a consequence, the need was identified to update that code of practice to address the issues and lessons learned from that experience. The title of the document has been changed to eliminate reference to any one type of floating hull. A broad scope of marine dynamic risers is covered, including various steel catenary risers and top tensioned risers.
A fairly high level review of clarifications is presented followed by a brief overview of the content of the standard.
A discussion of Limit States for Pipe is presented in the Appendix.
|File Size||259 KB||Number of Pages||8|