Effective Igneous Reservoir Identification and Controlling Factor Analysis in Eastern Sag of Liaohe Depression, China
- Zhenhua Hu (PetroChina Liaohe Oilfield Company) | Shenqin Zhang (PetroChina Qinghai Oilfield Company) | Fangfang Wu (Schlumberger) | Xunqi Liu (Schlumberger) | Jinlong Wu (Schlumberger) | Shenzhuan Li (Schlumberger) | Yuxi Wang (Schlumberger) | Xianran Zhao (Schlumberger) | Haipeng Zhao (Schlumberger)
- Document ID
- International Petroleum Technology Conference
- International Petroleum Technology Conference, 26-28 March, Beijing, China
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2019. International Petroleum Technology Conference
- 1.12 Drilling Measurement, Data Acquisition and Automation, 1.12.3 Mud logging / Surface Measurements
- Controlling Factor, Igneous Reservoir, Pore structure, Liaohe Depression, Trachyte
- 2 in the last 30 days
- 89 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 7.00|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 23.00|
The igneous reservoir of Shahejie formation in eastern sag of Liaohe depression is characterized by complex geological environment, variable lithology and high heterogeneity. Reservoir evaluation is difficult only based on conventional logs due to complex lithology and pore structures. Effective igneous reservoirs were identified and reservoir controlling factors were analyzed based on effective porosity calculation, pore structure analysis, lithology identification, lithofacies analysis, fracture evaluation and heterogeneity analysis by combing nuclear magnetic resonance data, micro-resistivity image data, conventional logs as well as mud logging data.
Based on our study, the igneous reservoirs in the study area are more related with effective porosity and pore connectivity, and less related with fractures. Good reservoirs are mainly distributed on the top part of explosive facies and effusive facies, where lithologies are mainly Trachyte, volcanic breccia and breccia-bearing tuff. The weathering leaching process is quite important for igneous reservoirs, but the reservoir qulity would not be good if the weathering process is too strong as it will lead to low effective porosity.
The accuracy of igneous reservoir evaluation gets improved a lot by this integrated approach and the conclusion from this study will help to optimize igneous reservoire exploration plan.
|File Size||3 MB||Number of Pages||10|